This is the first week, before I went to this course. I had two questions about this course. The first one is why students in computer science should take this course, and the other one is what this course about?
There is a question in PPT said : " Why CSC 165? ". Also there some sub question below the main question. I do have those questions, especially the one " have trouble understanding world problem". I always have this problem, to be honest, the most of the marks that I loose in all of my tests is because of I did not really understand the problem and miss some details. So when I saw this question, I feel a little bit nervous. But the good side is if this course can help me deal with that. I will loose less mark in the future.
But what's this course about? The problem is still in my mind. There were some ambiguity sentences on the PPT. That's challenged me because for me English is not my mother tone. So I do have problem understand every word and it's multiple meaning. That's the biggest problem for me, I really hope there will be no ambiguity words problem in the future, if it will be, I may needs to read more English novels or choose one of the linguistics class, even I do not like that course.
Then I want to talk about comment, this the new things that I learned from last semester. Actually, that's one of the part I did not that bad. Because I can use comment to show others what I want to do in this code.
By the way, I thought I did a good decision in last semester which is I select MAT223, Linear Algebra. Because that course include some prove question, although I feel tough. But I learned many math notations. I think it will be useful in this course.
My favorite part of this course is logical. I love logical problems. There are amazing!!!! Because to solve a logical problem, there is like many ways to the answer, but there are some cues to find the right way. I hope the logical problems in this course will let me feel interesting.
Hey Frances Fangzhou Yu,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the course has caught your attention.
It seems like this course is exactly what you need to over come your fear of understanding problems. By the end of this course your reasoning might be so good that people won't need to read your comments to understand your code since it will be written so well.
With that said, it might be helpful to you to get some help with your writing. The university has lots of places that can help you out all you have to do is look for them.
Come talk to me if you need any more advice.
Looking forward to reading future posts.